I received a beautiful bunch of French Breakfast Radishes (along with their greens) in my CSA Veggie box this week. I love the spicy taste of the greens, while the radishes are more sweet and mild than the radishes I’m used to eating. I thought that they would make a nice base for a salad, especially if I added the sweetness of oranges to complement the other flavors. I used plain yogurt in the dressing, which provided a creamy tartness that rounded out the other flavors. The radishes, salad greens, and oranges all came from my local farmer (TaylOrganic Farm), so except for two ingredients in the dressing (greek yogurt and ground coriander) all ingredients were from my veggie box (I got the oranges a couple of weeks ago).
I prepared the oranges (I used two) by cutting away the peel and white pith, removing the seeds, and then cutting into small pieces. Place the oranges in a bowl and let sit for about 15 minutes so that you can use the juice that drains from the segments for the dressing.
In a bowl, I combined:
- radish greens, rinsed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- salad greens (I used more radish greens than salad greens)
- French breakfast radishes, cut in half, and then thinly sliced.
- orange pieces, juice reserved
For the dressing, whisk together in a small bowl:
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I like low-fat – 2% – Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp. reserved juice from oranges
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
Gently toss the salad together with the dressing, being careful not to use too much dressing.